5 Easy Steps to Clearer Skin
Clear skin– it’s a dream that seems unattainable. After spending hundreds of dollars on products that claimed they would give me “Clearer Skin in 14 Days!” or that claimed to be “The ONLY Proven Clear Skin Solution!”
I was about to give up on the idea of having clear, beautiful skin. Then I decided to get back to tradition and try some techniques that have been around since long before the latest and greatest products.
The results were unbelievable!
I can’t wait to share these ideas with you, so that you can experience the same self confidence that I do when I wake up in the morning and see crystal clear skin in the mirror!
- Plain Old Soap and Water – It sounds crazy, but it works. A good bar of soap, preferably one for sensitive skin (I use Dove), and some warm water. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it works. Wash twice a day with warm water, using your hands (not a washcloth or brush) to work the soap in circles across your face. Start with small circles in the most affected parts of your face. Make the circles larger as you reach the clearer parts of your skin. The ridges on your fingers, combined with the circle motion, will work the bacteria and debris out from your pores leaving you with healthy, clear skin. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
- Cold Water Rinses – Periodically rinsing with cold water throughout the day will tighten your pores and rinse off dirt and bacteria that is just hanging out on your skin. This dirt and bacteria is just waiting for an opportunity to enter one of your pores and cause a problem, it’s best to get it out of there before it does! Plus, the cold water will wake you up and increase blood flow, another clear skin must!
- Wash Your Hands… A LOT! – Bacteria that lives on your hands can cause major break out problems. Your hands are one of the dirtiest parts of your body and they pick up bacteria from the shopping cart at the grocery store, the elevator buttons at work, the door knob at your kid’s daycare center, or anything else you’ve touched. Each time you touch your face, these bacteria are transferred to your skin. Wash your hands often to get rid of them before they can destroy your skin.
- Wipe with Witch Hazel – Witch Hazel is a natural astringent and has calming effects on your skin. Soak some cotton face pads in witch hazel, then use them to wipe your face before bed each night and any time you need a quick cleanse. Only use each pad once, as it will pick up all the bacteria and grime.
- Get Lots of Sleep and Drink Lots of Water – Health starts from the inside out and most adults today neglect their sleep and their hydration. Hydrated skin is healthy skin, and a hydrated, well rested body is better able to fight off infection (which is what causes most skin breakouts). So turn the TV off an hour earlier, have an extra glass of water, and take care of yourself! You’ll be amazed at how quickly you see the effects on your skin.
Related Article: How To Get Clean And Clear Body Skin